Saturday, February 11, 2012

I See the Full Moon Arising


Well; or:
I see the bad moon arising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquaqe and lightnin'
I see bad times today
(CCR)
It can be true as it was -27 C on an February evening at my QTH with almost a full Moon and the Planet Mars rather close to the Moon - unfortunately Mars was hiding behind the apple tree and the spot on the photo is actually a street lamp!

The conditions seems to be improving at least to the West with some nice openings to Latin America noted with a lot of stations especially from Peru, Colombia and the Caribbean. However no new catches so far. The East has been rather silent - even the Chinese stations have been rather hard to hear. Something from Taiwan (e.g. 1260 & 1314) and the a few from the Philippines noted also lately, but nights are coming shorter and the Spring will be here soon!

73,TK

1 comment: